The impact of the Covid 19 pandemic has changed the entire event industry and will lead to further changes. As a trade fair, congress and event organizer, but also as a site operator, the well-being of all those involved is very important to Messe Frankfurt. For this reason, Messe Frankfurt has developed a concept and coordinated it with the authorities that takes into account hygienic, medical and organizational measures.
Hygiene concept of Messe Frankfurt
Top priority of the hygiene concept is the safety and health of all exhibitors, visitors, service partners and employees. The concept can be downloaded and is based on Hesse’s applicable requirements of the ordinance on restricting contact and operations due to the corona virus dated May 7, 2020, updated on July 6, 2020.
On the exhibition grounds, Messe Frankfurt, as the organiser and operator, is responsible for the implementation and conscientious compliance with the protection and hygiene regulations applicable at the time of the event. At the exhibition stand, exhibitors are responsible for compliance with occupational health and safety or fire protection regulations. In addition, the general and special “Technical Guidelines” of the event remain valid.
It must also be taken into account that the protection and hygiene regulations will change by the time of Prolight + Sound. For this reason, Messe Frankfurt continually adapts the existing hygiene concept. Exhibitors and visitors can find out about possible adjustments at www.messefrankfurt.com/hygiene.
Important criteria for compliance with the hygiene concept
- with at least 5 m wide hall aisles for opposing visitor traffic
- with 3 m wide hall aisles in one-way street principle
- with spacious entrance areas in the halls
- with additional waiting, communication and dwell zones
- Additional floor markings and partitions of the switches as well as personal protective equipment of the personnel provide for best possible precautionary measures
- Furthermore, Messe Frankfurt does not hold any social events
Adjusted visitor management
- through pure online sales of the tickets. Day tickets are only valid on a specific day
- by full registration of all exhibitors, visitors, service partners and press as well as VIPs with an obligatory self-declaration of their personal state of health
- through clear visitor guidance to maintain distance and improve orientation
Hygienic measures of Messe Frankfurt
- through sufficient hand disinfection facilities and appropriate information boards throughout the entire exhibition grounds
- by adjusting cleaning intervals and intensifying the cleaning of higher frequented areas and surfaces
- by reducing contacts, e.g. through contactless access control, electronic access cards and electronic payment
- by 100% fresh air supply in the halls over the entire period of the fair
- by an obligation to wear a mouth and nose cover, if the current legal situation makes this necessary
Advice for exhibitors
With regard to the protection and hygiene rules, the stand concepts must be adapted.
- Hygiene measures at the stand
- Maintenance of the current protection and hygiene rules for stand catering
Detailed explanations and notes as well as further information and news can be obtained directly from Messe Frankfurt.