In the run-up to the fair, we talked to Benjamin Göldner, CEO of CHAINMASTER GmbH, about Prolight + Sound, the industry in general and, of course, CHAINMASTER itself.
Saxon company CHAINMASTER at Prolight + Sound 2023
Since the market launch of CHAINMASTER products in 1994, the medium-sized Saxon company has developed into one of the world's leading manufacturers of electric chain hoists and chain hoist controllers in the event industry, offering a comprehensive range of products for all requirements from set-up operations and complex scenic movements to complete automation of performances.
CHAINMASTER accompanies its customers from planning to commissioning as well as user training. Approximately 125,000 CHAINMASTER electric chain hoists are now in use worldwide. The company's references therefore include projects such as the new construction of the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, the Louvre in Lens, the Stockholm Opera, the Almaty Ice Arena, the Olympic Games in Sotchi 2014 or the Helmut List Hall in Graz.
1. In 2022, there have been more events again after two years of forced pause. How has your company perceived the past months?
CHAINMASTER is very satisfied with this business year. Internationally, in particular, the events are running almost as they did in 2019. As a manufacturer, we are of course noticing that.
2. What are your expectations for the industry in the coming years?
Of course, we hope that the industry will not be exposed to such a situation as in the past 2 years again so quickly. It would be nice if smaller companies also fought their way back and the staff shortage is no longer so present in a few years.
3. What is the significance of Prolight + Sound as an event technology fair for you?
For us, Prolight + Sound is one of the most important trade fairs in Germany and Europe, where we have been represented for many years. Last year in particular, we had the opportunity to present our completely redesigned stand there.
4. Your electric chain hoists are used worldwide at concerts, in theatres and even on the water as part of a floating stage. What was the most challenging project you have realised so far?
Basically, it's always exciting to see what great projects are implemented worldwide with our products. For us internally, of course, these requests often bring challenges, especially when it comes to implementing the required standards or special programming with special functions.
5. With regard to Prolight + Sound 2023: Can you give visitors a little foretaste of what they can expect?
There will be another small innovation on our new stand - but we don't want to reveal too much about that yet. Our focus in 2023 will primarily be on our most compact Ultra series units with direct and contactor control.
Visit CHAINMASTER in hall 12.0 at stand D11.