After the success of the premiere, the digital format Prolight + Sound BIZLounge is going into a second round. On June 14th, 2021, professionals will be able to follow top-class discussion panels and experience innovations from the entertainment technology industry from their computers or mobile devices. However, preparations for Prolight + Sound 2022 at the Frankfurt exhibition center will also play a role.
- Information opportunities away from the show floor
- First concrete details on the 2022 show
- Program overview for the 2nd BIZLounge
- First program plans for Prolight + Sound 2022
- Round Table on Trends and Challenges for Manufacturers
- Presentation and Round Table on Trends in Theatrical Lighting
- Presentation area for new solutions and fields of application
- Review: the April premiere of the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge
Information opportunities away from the show floor
In April, the new digital format BIZLounge successfully celebrated its premiere and clearly demonstrated the industry’s need for exchange and information. With the digital event a new information possibility is created to pressing industry topics also off the fair period. This will be continued in a second edition on June 14, 2021.
First concrete details on the 2022 show
At the second edition of the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge, the focus will be on trends and technologies in the theater sector as well as sustainable action in the event business. In addition, renowned manufacturers will present new solutions in detailed video presentations. Messe Frankfurt will also unveil the first concrete details of the upcoming Prolight + Sound, which opens April 26th to 29th, 2022.
BIZLounge content partners include industry giants such as Adam Hall, Artthea, Computerworks ETC, HOF Alutec, KS Audio, Robe and SGM. The industry associations EVVC and VPLT as well as the Frankfurt Opera and the event company L&S GmbH are also participating in the program.
Program overview for the 2nd BIZLounge
Unlike the premiere, which was held in a live event, the 2nd BIZLounge will be available free of charge at www.prolight-sound.com/bizlounge starting at 10 am. The program will take place entirely in English, thus addressing professionals from all parts of the world and offering over three hours of condensed and up-to-date information from the event business.
The planned program items:
First program plans for Prolight + Sound 2022
After a long dry spell in the event business, Prolight + Sound wants to play its part in the economic recovery in the industry. At the same time, the leading trade show supports the industry’s commitment to the responsible use of natural resources and, as part of this, is introducing a new format for the 2022 event. Together with partners, those responsible will explain the plans during a panel discussion.
- Mira Wölfel, Director Prolight + Sound
- Timo Feuerbach, Managing Director EVVC
- Tobias Berghaus, Managing Director L&S GmbH
Round Table on Trends and Challenges for Manufacturers
The pandemic continues to be a major burden for companies in the event technology sector. Manufacturers have developed different crisis strategies while preparing for high demand for events in the post-Corona era. What are the current biggest challenges – and what general industry trends are emerging?
- Michael Herweg, Managing Director SGM Germany
- Björn Heinzmann, Managing Director H.O.F. Alutec
- Michael Schwabe, Managing Director Artthea Bühnentechnik
- Dieter Klein, managing director KS Audio
Presentation and Round Table on Trends in Theatrical Lighting
While early signs of recovery are evident in the struggling theater industry, the pressure to refurbish and modernize remains a challenge for private and public houses. Technical innovations have continued to raise the expectations of visitors and professionals – along with a growing awareness of ecological compatibility. Lighting specialist Herbert Bernstädt (Adam Hall Group) will present the latest trends and approaches to solutions in the theater sector in a lecture – followed by a panel discussion with other industry experts.
- Herbert Bernstädt, lighting specialist, Adam Hall Group
- Randell Greenlee, Economics & International Affairs, VPLT
- Olaf Winter, lighting designer and technical director, Frankfurt Opera House
Presentation area for new solutions and fields of application
In addition, the BIZLounge will become an audiovisual showroom for technological trends. Renowned brands will present innovative solutions in video presentations: The focus is not on sales-oriented product shows, but on user-oriented introductions to new possibilities in event production.
• Computerworks: Data Tag tips and tricks
• ETC: Fan-free moving lights – SolaFram Studio
• ETC: The Advanced Research Group of ETC
• HOF Alutec: The Flying Stage Project
• Robe: Noise levels of LED moving lights – how to measure it and pros/cons of different cooling concepts
• Robe: Additive vs subtractive colour mixing in stage lighting – advantages and disadvantages of each and Robe lighting’s approaches to optimize them
Review: the April premiere of the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge
Image: Paul Wasserman