Visitors to Prolight + Sound can look forward to the “Silent Stage” again this year. In this special area, which was first realised at the trade fair in 2017, event technology professionals and musicians are invited to experience this innovative stage setup live. Visitors can find out how this sound experience is realised from renowned event technology manufacturers such as InEar in ProAudio Hall 11.
Audio experience with a live band
As last year, the Silent Stage concept will run throughout the trade fair with three daily slots, each offering a 30-minute programme. A live band will present the effect of a Silent Stage, and visitors will also have the opportunity to experience the band’s bass on resonance platforms, which cannot be heard through headphones.
The advantages of the silent stage concept
Even if the term sounds contradictory at first glance, there is a very special concept behind it. The main aim of the “Silent Stage” is to minimise the noise level on stage as much as possible. The organisers use amp simulations, isolation boxes, drum cages and electronic musical instruments to achieve this. In this case, the musicians listen to themselves and the other band members via a customised headphone mix.
Firstly, the sound from the PA does not compete so much with the sound emitted by the stage. In addition, the individual signals are no longer overdubbed as much. They can be separated more clearly in the mix. Correctly realised, this gives the visitor a sound experience almost like that of a studio recording.
This also has a clear advantage for the musician on stage: they only focus on the sound from the in-ear monitoring system, which is adjusted according to their needs. This also protects the hearing of the band members.
Overview of the advantages of the Silent Stage
- Focussed presentation: visitors can use headphones to concentrate fully on the product being presented without being distracted by ambient noise
- Demonstration of sound quality: For audio products in particular, it is possible to demonstrate sound quality in a controlled environment that better emphasises the real characteristics of the product.
- Personalised experience: Each visitor can experience an individual and personalised listening experience, making the product presentation more effective and impressive.
- Reduction of noise disturbance: Silent Stage minimises noise disturbance for surrounding stands and contributes to a more pleasant trade fair atmosphere.
- Innovative presentation format: The use of such a concept can be perceived as innovative and progressive, which can positively influence the image of the exhibiting company.
- Interactive experience: Visitors can actively interact with the product, which can promote a deeper understanding and interest.
Silent Stage in Hall 11.0
Visitors to the Silent Stage area initially only experience the music quietly over the PA. With the help of the monitoring terminals in front of the stage, they can put themselves in the band’s shoes and enjoy the differentiated sound. Interested parties can also try out the various in-ear and on-ear solutions from the participating companies. The special area is an attractive infotainment offer for visitors, but also represents a special platform for suppliers of in-ear and on-ear monitoring.
The “Silent Stage” special area will once again be a new centre of attraction in Hall 11.0.
Visitors will have the opportunity to Discover this special sound experience at Prolight + Sound 2024.
Image source: (c)Pietro Sutera