Their mission is to create audio products that are simple and easy-to-use without compromising the sonic quality. Finnish loudspeaker manufacturer Aura Audio has been exhibiting at Prolight + Sound for several years. In an interview, Mika Isotalo talks about the changes in the industry.
Simple and straightforward
Aura Audio's products are made from as few individual parts as possible, which need to be processed as little as possible. Although this approach takes more time to develop, it has proven to be more cost effective and more reliable for customers in the long term.
So it's no wonder that the customer has a very special place in the Aura Audio team.
1. What is particularly important to you about working closely with your customers?
We get a lot of ideas for new products from our customers.
2. How has the industry changed since the beginning of your production? What potential is there in this area?
Internet has changed things much but there are still local connections in terms of people that matter the most.
I think the biggest change over the past 20 years is that everything happens much faster, from idea to ready project.
3. For how many times have you participated at Prolight + Sound as an exhibitor? What are the reasons for your participation?
We have participated from 2014 onwards. So 2020 will be our seventh time. We like the opportunity to demo our speakers outdoors and the amount of international guests coming to the show.
4. What significance does Prolight + Sound have as a trade fair for event technology?
It’s a good way of connecting people.
5. With regard to the Prolight + Sound 2020: Can you give visitors a little taste of what to expect?
We will showcase yet another subwoofer as in previous years.
Aura Audio Oy is an independent manufacturer of loudspeaker systems based on the southwest coast of Finland. The company was founded in the late 1990s out of the curiosity of two sound engineers for new technologies. Innovation and continuous product development is what Aura Audio calls the driving force behind several innovations that have been awarded US and EPO patents.
Pictures: Aura Audio