Sustainability should become the standard - the event industry agrees on that. But how exactly this goal can be achieved is still unclear. For this reason, "Green Sessions" will be held at Prolight + Sound 2023 from April 25 to 28, 2023, in which experts from the event industry will discuss the goal of sustainable events. The focus will be on the current position of the industry and the successes and challenges in implementing sustainability measures.
Green Sessions: Varied program and keynote address by Bettina Ludwig
The Green Sessions feature presentations and panels on the Main Stage in Hall 11.0 with representatives from various sectors such as venues, manufacturers, educational and scientific institutions, agencies and innovative start-ups. Key topics include not only organizational and technological steps towards climate-neutral events, but also social sustainability, eco-friendly tour management and sustainability communication. The need for skilled workers in the industry will also be addressed.
Bettina Ludwig, an Austrian cultural and social anthropologist and author of the book "Tracking Our Future," will deliver the keynote address on April 25 at 12 p.m. and derive recommendations for action for the event industry from connecting elements of all people, regardless of geographic and cultural boundaries.
Green Sessions at Prolight + Sound 2023:
25.04.2023 - 12:00 hrs.
Keynote: What people need for a species-appropriate coexistence
- Bettina Ludwig, cultural and social anthropologist, keynote speaker, entrepreneur and freelance researcher
26.04.2023 - 12:00 pm
Shortage of skilled workers and us in the middle of it - what dual training could look like in 2030 and what it will take.
- Representatives of the Stauffenbergschule Frankfurt (vocational school for event managers)
- Ilona Jarabek, Managing Director, Musik- und Kongresshalle Lübeck & President of the EVVC
- Dr. Brigitte Scheuerle, Managing Director of the Training and Further Education Division, IHK Frankfurt
- Lena Marie Schäfer, Trainee, mainzplus CITYMARKETIN
- Heike Peters and Michael Hoffmann, Founder and Project Manager, generation:l
Moderation: Marie- Theres Gohr
26.04.2023 - 3:00 pm
Communicating sustainability - how does that actually work?
- Philipp Musshafen, CEO, Hallenstadion Zurich
- Christian Köbke, Senior Sales Manager System Group Shure Distribution GmbH
- Chair: Marie-Theres Gohr
27.04.2023 - 3:00 pm
Climate neutrality - Sounds simple, but it's not!
- Robert Trebus, Director, d&b audiotechnik
- Tobias Schmidt, Event Technology Specialist, Wissenschafts- und Kongresszentrum Darmstadt GmbH & Co. KG
- Thomas Fenzl, Managing Director, Congress Center Böblingen/Sindelfingen GmbH
- Larisssa Steinbäcker, Co-CEO, Proske GmbH
- Chair: Marie-Theres Gohr
28.04.2023 - 3:00 p.m.
Is it sustainable or can it go away?
- Sarah Lüngen and Katrin Wipper, The Changency
Participation in the Green Sessions is free of charge for all visitors with a valid ticket.
free of charge.
The Green Sessions are organized by the European Association of Event Centers (EVVC).