Immerse yourself in the impressive universe of professional audio technology! From rousing live concerts to state-of-the-art studio and broadcast solutions – we have it all for you. An impressive presentation of powerful PA systems in action (our Live Sound Arena) awaits you directly in front of Hall 11. In addition, let yourself be carried away by our exciting program, which focuses on innovative topics such as IP-based broadcasting and immersive audio experiences. A first-class sound experience awaits you!
- Which product groups does the ProAudio area at Prolight + Sound cover?
- This is why you should not miss the ProAudio section at Prolight + Sound 2024.
- Audio Bar – Relaxed bar atmosphere with the best sounds
- ProAudio College – paving the way to becoming a certified audio specialist
- Innovation in the audio technology industry: Haptic Technology
- The Art of System Designs
- Speakers in System Design
- Audio Trends: What will occupy the industry even more in the future?
- Why should companies from the audio technology sector exhibit at Prolight + Sound?
- 10 facts about the industry
- Editorial Opinion: Our Perspective on the Audio Technology Industry
- A brief summary of the most important facts
- Further literature
Which product groups does the ProAudio area at Prolight + Sound cover?
The ProAudio section at the Prolight + Sound trade show showcases a wide range of audio technology and equipment. This includes microphones and accessories, which are essential for sound recording and transmission. Also represented are amplifiers, mixers and effects, which are essential for processing and amplifying sound. Recording and playback equipment, as well as computers and multimedia, offer digital solutions for audio production. Conference and communications equipment showcases solutions for audiovisual communications, while PA equipment and loudspeakers enable the output of sound. The building and room acoustics product group offers solutions for optimizing sound quality in various environments. Specific accessories for sound and PA the area also covers.
Other exciting product groups in ProAudio:
- Live and Concert Sound Systems: This product group includes equipment and technologies designed to amplify and optimize sound at live performances and concerts.
- Fixed Installations: These are permanently installed audio systems that can be used in various facilities such as theaters, conference centers or educational institutions.
- Studio and broadcast solutions: This product group includes equipment and technologies needed for recording, editing and broadcasting audio in professional studio and broadcast environments.
- Outdoor PA systems: Outdoor PA systems are demonstrated under real-world conditions to provide visitors with a hands-on demonstration of system performance.
- IP-based transmission technology: The latest technology for digital audio transmission over IP networks is presented here.
- Immersive audio applications: This product group showcases technologies and applications that enable an immersive audio experience, for example through 3D sound or binaural audio technologies.
This is why you should not miss the ProAudio section at Prolight + Sound 2024.
Prolight + Sound in the audio technology sector offers a unique opportunity for professionals to learn about the latest trends, technologies and best practices in the industry. It serves as a platform for sharing knowledge, networking and discovering business opportunities. Exhibitors can showcase their latest products and services, while attendees get the chance to learn directly from manufacturers, see product demonstrations and network with other audio technology industry professionals.
We can’t do anything without ears! And, we prefer to see them analog! Without meeting and exchanging ideas with our users and other technology providers, impulses for beautiful moments in our work would be missing. Analog communication is our topic and its protection in noisy environments for Pros, Light and Sound!
HEARSAFE TECHNOLOGIES GmbH & Co. KG
Audio Bar – Relaxed bar atmosphere with the best sounds
In the stylish atmosphere of our new Audio Bar , you can peacefully try out top-quality headphones from leading manufacturers. The relaxing ambiance invites you to choose from a variety of headphones specially tailored to your individual preferences in the Studio, DJ, and Wireless segments.
Enjoy the freedom to immerse in your preferred music genre – be it HipHop, Classical, or Pop – while relaxing with a delicious drink. Take your time to explore our wide range of different headphone models. Our knowledgeable consultants are at your disposal to assist you in selecting the ideal headphones for you. Moreover, the bar provides the perfect opportunity to engage in conversation and network with other fair visitors.
The following manufacturers are already looking forward to presenting their products at the Audio Bar at Prolight + Sound 2024:
AIAIAI | Beyerdynamic | Audio-Technica | Ollo Audio | Tascam | HEDD | Rode
Be excited to see which manufacturers will also be welcoming you at the Audio Bar during the Prolight + Sound Fair 2024!
ProAudio College – paving the way to becoming a certified audio specialist
Audio professionals and all newcomers to the industry now have a new address: The ProAudio College, which is realized in cooperation with the Verband Deutscher Tonmeister e.V. (VDT). After the impressive success of the event in 2023, the offer is now expanded and raised to an international level. Here, the ProAudio Lounge invites with numerous networking opportunities.
The lecture program will focus on current trends in sound reinforcement, innovations in the context of home studio productions, as well as exclusive training sessions of the SQQ7 educational standard. This standard was developed by a multi-faceted working group under the leadership of the VDT and defines learning objectives for further training to become a “certified sound specialist”.
The range of topics covered by the ProAudio College includes hearing training, basic physical principles of acoustics, signal sources and signal processing, network technology and intercom systems.
At ProAudio College, current challenges in the sound reinforcement scene are discussed as well as the latest advances in the industry. The core issues that every studio operator faces in productions will also be discussed, as well as future predictions and advice for those starting out in the profession.
All participants will receive a written confirmation of the knowledge acquired. The lectures will be held in both German and English.
Innovation in the audio technology industry: Haptic Technology
Haptic technology, an innovation that brings a multi-sensory dimension to the experience of music and sound, clearly demonstrated its relevance at Ability Fest in Melbourne. The use of haptic devices enabled people to experience music at live performances in a whole new way, especially for those with hearing impairments. This advanced technology transforms acoustic signals into tactile sensations that can be perceived through the skin, creating a bridge between the listening experience and the physical sensation of sound.
The application of haptic technology in the event industry opens up a world of possibilities, especially in terms of inclusion and accessibility. People with hearing impairments can now feel the rhythmic vibrations and dynamics of music through vibrations and tactile feedback on their skin. In addition, haptic technology also has the potential to expand the music experience for all listeners by enabling a deeper and more immersive connection to the music.
At a time when technological innovation is advancing rapidly, haptic technology is at the forefront of creating forward-thinking and inclusive music experiences. It is not only an asset to the music industry, but also an extension of human interaction and perception in a collaborative sense.
The Art of System Designs
The art of System Designs in event audio is a careful balance of science and aesthetic understanding that aims to create an unparalleled listening experience. Professionals in this field must not only have a deep technical understanding of audio components and how they work, but also a creative vision of how sound should be designed and transmitted in a given space.
System Design begins with the careful selection and placement of loudspeakers, amplifiers and other key components to ensure clear and accurate sound transmission. It also requires a thorough understanding of the venue’s acoustics to overcome challenges such as echo, absorption and reflection.
In addition, the ability to integrate the technical aspects of the sound system with the aesthetic and practical requirements of the event is critical. System design is not just about solving technical problems, but also about creating a soundscape that enhances the emotion and energy of the event.
Through the effective use of technology, creativity and experience, sound designers and audio engineers can create a system design that showcases sound in an impressive and impactful way.
Speakers in System Design
|Speaker Type||Description||Application Examples|
|Full-Range Speakers||A speaker capable of reproducing the entire spectrum of audible frequencies.||Concerts, corporate events, smaller events|
|Subwoofers||Specialized in reproducing low frequencies, providing powerful bass.||DJ events, concerts, cinema|
|Monitor Speakers||Provide clear playback for performers on stage so they can hear themselves.||Theater, live music events|
|Line Array Speakers||Modular speaker systems designed for even sound distribution over large areas.||Large outdoor events, stadiums, large concerts|
|Column Speakers||Compact speakers with good sound quality and wide dispersion characteristics.||Churches, lectures, smaller gatherings|
|Ceiling Speakers||Speakers mounted in the ceiling used for background music and announcements.||Shopping malls, offices, restaurants|
Audio Trends: What will occupy the industry even more in the future?
The future of professional audio promises to be revolutionized by advanced technologies and innovative approaches. Haptic audio technologies are at the forefront, allowing users to physically feel sound and enjoy a more immersive experience. The development of AI and machine learning is also helping to improve audio processing and analysis, enabling more accurate sound modeling and optimization. The sustainable trend continues with the development of energy-efficient devices and eco-friendly production practices to minimize the industry’s environmental footprint. The field of system design is also experiencing a renaissance, with new methods for creating more harmonious and inclusive audio environments.
ProAudio at Prolight + Sound 2024 will be a showcase for these advancements, with attendees having the opportunity to discover the latest products, learn from industry experts, and build valuable networks. The importance of educational platforms like ProAudio College cannot be overstated, as they pave the way for aspiring sound specialists to hone their skills and drive the next generation of audio technologies.
Why should companies from the audio technology sector exhibit at Prolight + Sound?
- Market presence and brand awareness: Exhibiting at Prolight + Sound offers companies the unique opportunity to present their products and services to a wide audience of industry experts and potential customers. This can significantly help increase market presence and brand awareness.
- Networking and Business Relationships: The trade show serves as an effective platform for networking and building business relationships. Here, companies can make valuable contacts, forge partnerships and expand their business prospects.
- Product demonstrations and feedback: companies have the opportunity to demonstrate their latest products and technologies and receive direct feedback from show attendees. This is an excellent opportunity to gauge market reaction to new offerings and gather valuable customer feedback.
- Market insights and competitive intelligence: By attending the show, companies can gain insights into the latest industry trends and competitor activity, which can be critical for strategic planning and positioning in the market.
- Education and training: Prolight + Sound offers opportunities for education and training through seminars and workshops. Companies can expand their knowledge, learn from industry experts and find out about the latest best practices and innovations.
10 facts about the industry
- The sound equipment industry has grown by an average of 7% over the past decade.
- Digital mixing consoles have overtaken analog mixing consoles in most professional settings.
- Demand for wireless audio transmission systems continues to grow.
- Streaming concerts and live events have gained popularity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The integration of AI into audio software is seen as the next big trend.
- The industry is seeing a steady increase in freelance audio engineers thanks to digitization.
- Immersive audio formats like Dolby Atmos are gaining traction in music production.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable audio technologies are becoming increasingly important.
- Globalization has led to an increase in international collaborations in music production.
- Music streaming services are influencing the way music is mixed and mastered.
Editorial Opinion: Our Perspective on the Audio Technology Industry
In our view, the audio technology industry is one of the most exciting and dynamic sectors around. Our assessment is based on years of observation and interaction with industry professionals. The constant change we experience is not only fascinating, but also crucial to the way we experience music and sound. Our belief is that sound technology, especially in the event and DJing space, is experiencing a renaissance. The possibilities opened up by technological advances are endless. Our insight indicates that the industry will continue to grow and evolve in the years ahead, and it’s up to us to keep pace. Our verdict is clear: anyone working or planning to work in the audio technology industry should always keep up to date and be open to new things. This is the only way we can ensure that our work is always of the highest standard and that we make our contribution to the further development of this fascinating field.
What is ProAudio at Prolight + Sound Trade Fair 2024?
Prolight + Sound Messe 2024 is the leading trade fair in the field of entertainment technology, offering a wide range of products and services from the areas of lighting, sound, theater, stage, AV system integration, and display and media technology. In the special ProAudio section, visitors can experience the entire product world of professional audio technology. The focus is on live and concert sound reinforcement, fixed installations, and studio and broadcast solutions?
How can I exhibit at the Prolight + Sound trade fair?
To exhibit at Prolight + Sound Messe 2024, interested companies can book their stands now. The trade fair offers various presentation options, from fully furnished stand packages to individual stand concepts, both in the halls and in the outdoor area.
How do I get a ticket for the Prolight + Sound trade fair 2024?
Tickets for Prolight + Sound 2024 can now be ordered from Messe Frankfurt’s online ticket store. The tickets can be presented either in paper form or on a smartphone at the trade fair, which takes place in March. To avoid long waits at the box offices, it is recommended to buy tickets in advance. Save money by buying a ticket in advance!
What’s in store for the next generation of ProAudio professionals?
For the up-and-coming generation of the industry, there is the ProAudio College, which is implemented in cooperation with the Verband Deutscher Tonmeister e.V. (VDT). The offer was expanded and internationalized after the great success of the 2023 event. The college offers a lecture program that focuses on current trends in sound reinforcement, innovations in home studio productions, and exclusive training modules of the SQQ7 educational standard. Participants receive written confirmation of the knowledge acquired, and the lectures are held partly in German and partly in English?
1. acousticsThe science of sound and its propagation, control, transmission, recording, and reproduction.
2. feedback -The whistling or howling that occurs when sound travels from a speaker back into the microphone.
3. equalizer (EQ) – A device used to adjust the timbre of an audio signal by boosting or cutting certain frequencies.
4. compressor – A special type of compressor that prevents a signal from exceeding a certain level.
6. reverb – An effect that creates room sound or reverberation.
7. DI box – A device used to adapt an instrument signal for direct input to a mixing console or recording equipment.
8. phantom power – A power supply for condenser microphones.
9. sidechain – A technique in which the signal from one audio channel affects the processing of another chann
10. gain– The amount of amplification or gain added to an audio signal.
11. PAN – The control on a mixing console that determines how much of a signal is placed to the left or right of the stereo image.
12. fader – A slider used to control the volume of a channel or audio signal.
13. MIDI – A standard protocol for communication between electronic musical instruments.
– Digital Audio Workstation, a software program for recording, editing, and mixing audio.
15. crossover – A device that splits an audio signal into multiple frequency ranges.
16. transients – Short, sudden spikes in the audio signal, such as those found in percussion instruments.
17. subwoofer– A loudspeaker specifically designed to reproduce low frequencies or bass.
18. monitors – loudspeakers specially designed for use in the studio to ensure accurate reproduction of audio material.
19. condenser microphone – A type of microphone known for its sensitivity and frequency accuracy.
A brief summary of the most important facts
Event sound engineering is a dynamic and constantly evolving industry that plays a pivotal role in the music, audio and events world. The constant evolution of technology, the growing importance of live events, and the demands on sound engineers to stay current make this an exciting and challenging field to work in. With the rapid advancement of technology, we also see a constant evolution in the approaches and techniques used in professional sound engineering. From the early days of analog technology to today’s digital era, the way we manipulate and perceive sound has changed drastically. This presents audio engineers with the challenge of constantly educating and adapting. Trade shows provide an excellent platform for this, allowing you to keep up to date, network and discover the latest trends and technologies.
- Handbook of Audio Technology: This handbook provides an overview of the essential components of an audio transmission chain, from sound generation to the listener, and is intended for sound engineers, audio technicians, and developers and users in the fields of audiovisual media technology, broadcasting, and film.
- Sound Systems: Design and Optimization: Modern Techniques and Tools for Sound System Design and Alignment by Bob McCarthy
A comprehensive book covering techniques and tools for sound system design and alignment.
- Live Sound Reinforcement (Mix Pro Audio Series) by Scott Hunter Stark.
A book that focuses on live sound reinforcement and provides practical guidance for using audio technology at live events.
- The Sound Reinforcement Handbook by Gary Davis and Ralph Jones.
A comprehensive resource that covers the basics of sound reinforcement, including equipment and techniques needed for audio engineering at events.
- Audio Engineering 101: A Beginner’s Guide to Music Production by Tim Dittmar.
A beginner’s book on music production and audio engineering that can also provide relevant information for audio engineering at events.
- Mixing Live Sound: An Application Guide for the Audio Technician by Gregg J. Hart.
A practical guide for audio technicians that focuses on mixing live sound.