Available now: Avid’s new live mixing system, the Venue S6L. The S6L is a modular system designed to take on the world’s most demanding tours and events with ease thanks to powerful cutting-edge technology. With Pro Tools integration, the S6L becomes the front end for the Avid Media Central platform.
The new Venue console runs on the familiar Venue software used in the other Avid Live Systems.
Avid are confident the Venue S6L offers:
- High-performance preamps
- Extendable sampler rate support
- Integration of plug-ins from Avid and other manufacturers
- Pro Tools capabilities (input and output) including virtual soundcheck (no external interface)
- Graphical feedback
- Important functions displayed on high-definition touchscreens and OLED displays
- Modular system and I/O components can be freely configured
- Compatible with multiple network and I/O formats including MADI, Ethernet AVB, Thunderbolt, Dante*
- Familiar Venue workflows and compatibility with Show files
One of the first customers for the S6L was the events services provider 8 days a week of Niederdorfelden. “The S6L was the logical next step in the development of the Venue consoles – with improved performance and incredible touchscreen workflows. The Venue S6L is one of the top products in our portfolio, and I’m sure that it won’t just be a hit on tour, but also for film events, musicals, theatrical productions or classical concerts,” said managing director Wolfgang Neumann.
“Demand for the Venue S6L was enormous even before it was officially released, and that was made crystal clear by the unbelievable number of pre-orders from audio businesses all over the world,” explained Kyle Kim-Hays, Avid senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “Since the S6L was introduced at NAB, it’s won a series of prizes and underlined our position at the technological leading-edge. It’s only strengthened our ambition to continue pushing the market’s envelope with innovative new technologies.”
* Option cards available as separate purchases and not included with core systems.